Spice Girls in San Jose -- The Amazin Eurazn

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Meditation, Relaxation and Splash





Yesterday my mum and I took lunch at one of our local favorite hangouts -- Pho Phi Long. It's at Century Mall, a Vietnamese shopping center in San Jose where i swear it feels like Vietnam everytime I visit. Afterward, we bought some fresh jackfruit from a street vendor, costing us $14 for 4.5 lb. Man, that was expensive. And as it turned out, the jackfruit wasn't as sweet, though it had a nice texture. I love jackfruit and expect to eat plenty of it when i visit Singapore.

After lunch my community group SBQA had our monthly meditation event at my house. Taught by my mom's master Minh Thien, we learned basic meditation while sitting and also while walking. During the sitting meditation we meditated for 20 minutes and i couldn't believe how many directions my mind wanted to go! haha...it was like a puppy playing around...Guess I need more practice. We only spent 5 minutes doing walking meditation and I wish we did more. We took Master Minh Thien out for a salad dinner at Sweet Tomatoe's restaurant afterward to show our gratitude and thanks.



After we dropped off Master Thien back at his temple, Shawn, Jean-Luc, Jerry and I had a fun night dancing at Splash in downtown San Jose. Was my first time dancing there and the music was great -- chart-topping hip-hop music, good crowd, room to dance. I had my first Tokyo Tea -- Long Island tea with midori in it. Was good and nice to try a new drink for once (usually I order just Midori sours). We even saw the straight brother and his girlfriend of one of our friends. We spent time trying to figure out if he just liked the music at gay clubs or if he was bicurious, haha...it looked like he was having too good of a time so hmmm.....Denny's restaurant afterward for overnight drinks and snacks with the gang and Kelvin, who joined us late after dancing.

Song of the Day: "Buttons" -- Pussycat Dolls feat. Ludacris

2 Comments:

  • Your mum looks more "happening" than you. Hahaha. =P

    By Blogger Adrian, at 8:42 AM  

  • What do ya mean more "happening"?=) If so, she gets it from me. Plus I hadn't had my coffee yet.=P

    By Blogger Web designer, Dfs, at 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home